Get Your Meeting Rooms Designed
Right The First Time...
Right The First Time...
...and have your clients raving about YOU!
Hotel and convention center operators are sick and tired of constantly hearing „who the hell built this place“ or „what idiot designed this total mess“. And you can’t blame them. They are almost never involved in the planning and construction of the meeting rooms they must operate (if they like it or not).
Knowing all about the headaches venue operators face every day,
is the first step to YOU coming up with the ideas...
...that create the most amazing meeting room design for them.
These are the daily dilemmas hotel and convention center operators face...
...and as you read on, you’ll find out how to solve them:
- not having the vital infrastructure that makes every client happy (and is a major source of revenue),
- keeping the venue attractive to clients (without having the money to do so),
- controlling operating costs without compromising quality of service,
- juggling parallel events without clients complaining that „the other attendees are raiding our buffet“,
- dealing with complaints from clients because the building wasn’t designed to satisfy their needs,
- needing more personnel (than necessary) because the venue wasn’t designed for minimal personnel use,
- not having a „future-proof design“ so that expansions and future technology can be integrated easily and at the lowest cost,
- battling with logistics that do not allow fast setup and teardown (thereby being able to rent out the venue faster and more often).
Here’s how we would go about solving these dilemmas…
…and ensuring the event venue is built to the highest quality standards, has the lowest operating costs and is most profitable in the long run.
Scope of the project
- You get a free first consultation including site inspection and/or review of drawings that will develop the scope of the project.
- We then write a quote for consultation services based on the clients needs and results of the first consultation.
- When you decide to mandate us to consult with your architects and designers on the project, we move on into the design phase.
- Together, we establish design goals for all your event related infrastructure needs.
- We review the intended room dimensions. We do this because it impacts the construction costs directly. Starting a project with the wrong room dimensions directly effects the revenue you can generate.
- We make sure that all rooms and functions are strategically allocated to ensure optimum logistics. This drastically reduces your downtime between events, again making a venue more profitable.
- Recommendations and guidelines are given for acoustics, lighting and other infrastructure to ensure the overall comfort of your visitors.
- An in-depth analysis of existing structural capabilities (or proposal thereof) is done to determine how much permanent event technology, additional event technology (for individual events) and how many exhibition objects can be structurally supported.
- We give specifications for event related infrastructure, according to your intended event portfolio. This includes, things like, capacity and placing of electrical power outlets, AC requirements, IT infrastructure, general lighting and sound requirements.
- In order for you to generate additional revenue (other than just renting out your space), careful consideration is given to audio-video related infrastructure such as screen sizes, audio level and distribution as well as other related infrastructure such as daylight blinds and permanently installed AV cables.
- Design recommendations for different seating arrangements are given to ensure maximum usage of available space while still maintaining the highest level of safety for your visitors.
- Purchasing recommendations are given for event related equipment, furniture and other ancillary equipment. This ensures that your venue maintains maximum operability at all times.
Tender or bidding phase
- Amounts and quality criteria are specified for all your event related infrastructure.
- All tender documents are reviewed to ensure congruency with your event infrastructure related goals.
- We sit beside you during the prequalification of contractors and suppliers to ensure maximum value for you.
- We review the suitability of various bidders and their proposals and make recommendations to you.
- We monitor all building phases to ensure maximum adherence to best practices in the installation quality of event related infrastructure. This ensures that no „hidden“ problems get built in.
- Regular meetings are attended and we give you valuable advice to guide all your event related decisions.
- We monitor tests being made to make sure all quality criteria set up during the design phase are met or exceeded. This is critical to the success of your project.
- Your staff is trained to enable a smooth transition from the building to the operations phase of your venue.
- We accompany the start of your venue. We make sure that quality is consistent right up to the point where your actual operations begin.
Wouldn’t it be great if you had someone sitting next to you, who knows exactly what their needs are? Someone who has experience in satisfying the end customers needs… and someone who knows how to design a meeting room within a given budget.
Here’s the thing. Experienced, qualified and affordable Consultants aren’t easy to come by. You’ll probably have to pay dearly to get them to come from Europe, America or Australia… if they are willing (or even available) at all.
Or, you try high profile consultancy firms with the big names (that frankly haven’t got a clue how to run an event business) and hope they’ll be able to help you.
Well they’re not...
...and you know why? Because they never experienced first hand how an event venue like a hotel or convention center really works.
So why go through all that when you can have an experienced, qualified and affordable Consultant from Germany (now living in the UAE) who:
- has over 30 years experience designing, building and operating meeting rooms ranging from high level board rooms to meeting rooms with a seating capacity up to 5000 people,
- will communicate with high profile clients and low profile workers, in order to get things done,
- likes to be involved right at the beginning of the planning process to make sure the venue is an absolute success,
- does not back down from a problem until it’s solved,
- has immense experience in getting the job done in the most cost effective way possible, always staying within given budget limits,
- keeps on top of all the newest, emerging technologies in the event industry,
- enjoys a bachelors degree in Event Technology as well as Management and Operations of Event Venues(Specialized in Stage/Studio),
- has a keen eye for delivering solutions for problems (even when they are in the making),
- combines the positive sides of being German such as being very precise and always being on time with the flexibility and creativity of Americans (because he grew up in New York).
- has held business events for Fortune 500 companies, dignitaries from all over the world such as Bill Clinton, Henry Kissinger and Saudi Arabias King Abdullah.
But don’t just take my word for it… listen to what others have to say.
It is an absolute pleasure working with Bruno Marx. He did a fantastic job on preparing specifications for a 5 star hotel and convention center. His great attention to every detail and making sure that only the most cost effective solutions were introduced into the design made the owner extremely happy. We will absolutely continue working with Bruno in the future.Christopher Rörig, CEO, Bevenue
We worked with Bruno Marx on every aspect of staging events at Cologne Bonn Airport. Bruno provided us with extremely valuable advice on planning the individual event venues which were built parallel to daily airport operations. His great attention to every minute detail and making sure that only the most cost effective solutions were introduced into the design, made the events extremely successful. We will definitely continue working with Bruno in the future.Stefan Merkens, head of real estate marketing, Cologne Bonn Airport
How much will I cost you?
As the saying goes "it depends". We have to get together in order for me to give you the best quote I can. Rest assured, that all costs will be included. I always hated it, when someone gave me their first price and then as time went on started trying to charge more and more. I will let you know if the project needs more of my attention and you can decide.
You'll get "Quality Made In Germany" (but living here in the UAE) that, from the moment you put down the phone, who can be anywhere in the time it takes to drive from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi.
And you don’t even have to waste time taking care of any visa requirements, work permits and all that. Imagine all the time and money that saves you.
You pay only for the time you need me...
…and no, I won’t tell you how much you will invest (at least not now). Because that’s something we will discuss when we meet and WE KNOW we’re the right fit. Long term relationships are more important to me than short term profits.
So what do I cost you in the end?
And you know why?
Because I've saved you more than what you invested in me in saved time and effort.
Leave your email and/or telephone number here and I'll get in touch with you immediately.
If you want to take immediate action, give me a call or send me a short email. Let’s get together to make things happen for your own benefit and your clients.